Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Art of Doing Nothin’

I came to tha Office at half-past nine,
A-knowin’ t’was a borin’ day aheada me.
Snailin’ to the cube, a-takin’ all ma time
Tho the folks in HR know that it shouldant be.

Papers piled on top of another.
Calls to be returned tuh the cahl-ler.
But there are gossips lain fer hearin’
And some bile yah want tuh write in.
Takes a lot to do the art of doing nothin’.

Mah boss just served me numbers befo’ I sat.
She says, Why doncha make reports for the day?
Your sales are a-dipping, the losses gettin’ fat.
Make it fast, we just can’t take no delay.

T’ sudden pressure makes me m-ired
And suddenly I’m feelin’ t-ired.
So I take the numbers to the bin
And then I snooze and do mah thing.
Takes a lot to do the art of doing nothin’.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home