Wednesday, September 28, 2005

“Don’t Bore Me With Adult Love”

It sounds like a line, and it probably is.

Picked it up from a blog site, the author of which stumbled into my own some days past. I had a feeling he picked it up from somewhere else too, possibly from a Hed Kandi remix.

Anyway, it stuck to me like LSS. “Don’t bore me with adult love.” I liked how arrogantly cool it seemed. So tongue-in-cheek… Made me want to think of the people I could say it to, but the list stopped at the first entry -- me.

How many people on the Office floor are married? About half.

How many of the single people are involved? About half, as well.

How many of the uninvolved, single people are gay? None. (The gay people on this floor are involved.)

How many of the uninvolved, single people are girls? All of them.

At lunch hour in the workplace, the situation becomes more pronounced when the single, uninvolved, straight females huddle together, criticizing the unspoken “rules of engagement,” such as the girl can’t ask a guy out, can’t be too proactive, etcetera, etcetera. I used to take pleasure in joining in the discussions, but later on, it wore me out. Ultimately, I thought, we couldn’t change culture by just talking about it in the pantry room. One has to walk the talk. Even it means the end of self-preservation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home