Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Presenting Mr. D. Niles

The D is for Daniel, which in the world of films and novels is an overused name . The moniker usually stands for chunk-o-hunk like Daniel Cleaver (portrayed by Hugh Grant) in the Bridget Jones movie, or sheepish-bartender-hunk like Daniel in the PS I Love You chick bestseller, or kid-who-would-be-a-hunk-someday-but-is-adorable-for-now teenage star Daniel Radcliffe who currently plays Harry (ugh, curses! another overused name!) Potter. In the Office, Daniel stands for the new ex-pat Financial Director -- blonde British bloke, age 31, unforgivably married with two dogs, and if the rumors are true, incontestably hhhhott.

He’s rather young for a Financial Director. I thought it could be insulting for Millie, Pinay senior finance officer, who in a few years is ready for retirement. On the other hand, she says she doesn’t mind. Those ex-pat guys, like the one before Mr. Niles (Mr. X from India, age 35, also a cutie), are just watchdogs and not “really” directors. They’re here as a result of a post-Enron-debacle Global Audit Policy, making sure that the local FO[1] of each country doesn’t go into “creative accounting”.

Truth be told, I haven’t met Mr. D. Niles. Haven’t been within elevator-distance of him to assess “the goods”. So how did I know the new FO was a hottie?

Enter Yahoo Messenger. Monday, 9:11 AM. (Trinny is marketing planner, one of my cubicle neighbors on the 7th, while Jeng is Trinny’s close friend from Finance at the 9th floor.)

Jheng_79: Uuuuyyy!!!!! May chika ako sa iyo, lola!
3nnie: Nag-resign si Sonny? Lam ko na iyon…
Jheng_79: Ha???? Kelan!?? Teka, di un ano…. CUTE yung bagong FO!!!
3nnie: Bagong FO? Papalitan na si (Mr. X)?
Jheng_79: Yup, manganganak na kasi yung misis nya sa India. Nag-request si (Mr. X) na mag-pa change post pabalik ng India. Kya eto na si D. Niles! Di k ba nagbabasa ng email??? In-nannounce yan last Friday a?
3nnie: Sori po… e ang daming kayang email akong nakukuha in a day ?! So … cute kamo?
Jheng_79: Mare, backstreet boy!!!!!!! :-)
3nnie: Ha? Talaga?
Jheng_79: Yup! Naka-highlights pa ang buhok! Guapo!!!! Atsaka, BRITISH!!!

Incidentally, Trinnie knows that I fantasize hooking up someday with a witty Brit. She dragged me out of my cube and showed me her trail of YM messages. Got me all excited and giggling like a school girl. Unfortunately I had a pending color proof on my hands with the Creatives manager breathing down my neck; I couldn’t go up the 9th to “verify the information.” When I finally did have time the following day, Mr. D. Niles had returned to England to tie some domestic loose ends, and would come back after Mr. X has completed his work here by end-October.

Anyway, I’m waiting for the right opportunity to come along, probably an inventory management meeting I can sit in for Marian (my boss) when she decides to go on leave on a Monday.

Naah… can’t wait that long. I’ll just go up tomorrow and check him out.


[1] FO = Finance Officer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home