Thursday, February 02, 2006

4.3 SECONDS

Once, in graduate school, the guest lecturer asked us to think about this little fact brought to light by serious consumer marketing researchers:

“Right after a consumer decides to make a purchase, there is a 4.3 second window
where she can still change her mind.”
Okay. So I thought about it. What could one do in 4.3 seconds to change somebody else’s mind? As usual, I made a list.


1.Throw up, really ugly. There’s a good chance my boss would believe me when I say I can’t stand supply chain people and their 24x7 cranky selves.

2. Recite the value of Pi up to a hundred decimal places. If Baldy could do this, we’ll take back everything we said about him being an S.A.M., short for Stupid Assistant Manager.

3. Strip, and then run naked across the hall. The reclusive, talks-to-himself IT guy on the 11th floor will convince us that he really was an APO Frat brod.

4. Give us all a double-digit salary raise. It wouldn’t even take us 4.3 seconds to believe that the current GM is not the reincarnated Jadis a.k.a. the White Witch.

What would you do in 4.3 seconds?

(Cheesy way to end this blog, I know.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home