Friday, May 19, 2006

The Devil Wears Ukay-Ukay

"I see you're still here."

Marni looks up to me from her monitor and says to me, "So are you. Weren't you supposed to leave for Thailand?"

"Yeah, that's next week. I have a whole week to pretend I'm working in an exotic country."

"Well, atleast I get to party while you're out.. hahaha."

I wanted to say As if it's any difference when I'm here.But shifted to "I interviewed the candidate for planner yesterday."

She unplugs both earphones from her head and widens her eyes in surprise, "Oooh! That cute Atenista is going to be part of our team?"

"I shouldn't have mentioned anything."

"But, really? How was he? Single? Looks very rich from where I see him. And I could smell his Guy Laroche wafting through the elevator... Nakakaturn-on!"

"Did you say 'wafting'?"

She turns to the small mirror on the side of her desk, checks her lipstick and jzushes her hair. "You are going to get him, are you?"

"His credentials are impressive. Used to be a product manager for that french make-up company. He's verrry smart... he scored a 92 in the math exam I asked HR to give him, so no trouble with numbers there. He's active, very creative, precisely what that job needs. On top of that, he plays the guitar, piano, and violin! He also just about passed the brochure business simulation I gave him..."

"Are you sure that simulation was business?" quizzically.

And me, very insulted. "I'm not a nyphomaniac like you, Marni. Anyway, he's someone I see I can promote in a couple of years to a higher managerial position. And yes, his looks are an advantage. It would only make dealings with him smoother, better, especially with the old maids for our counterpart in Thailand. Read that on MSN, or was that The Entrepreneur? We can ask the other teams to do whatever this guy asks them to do -- he only has to smile. "

"Ah, Obi Wan. The Force is strong in that One, ei? But admit it, he's sooo hot. How old is he?"

I looked up, trying to remember. Aha. "23."

"Sh*t."

"Let me guess.... I'll let him call you 'Tita Marni'?"

Head rolls. She's disappointed. I say to her, "I'll bring you spicy sampaloc when I get back? Yihii.."

"Just hire that nice decent guy, boss."

"Okay. But once I hear something, anything! Marni, I warn you, it's you I'm going to fire, not him." I head to my cube.

Mutters "Bitch."

I yell to her, "Yeah, yeah. So are you!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home