Friday, June 02, 2006

Clockwatching

(Waiting for ride home, 1.01 AM. Sorry about the time plugs everynow and then. It IS freaky being alone on the 7th floor at work.)

Have been wanting to push a fast forward button to three weeks from now. Was wondering how my life has changed in that amount of time, because I need to know some things for myself.

1. Would I lose weight
2. Would my work suck
3. Would I still have a job
4. Would I still have a life (i.e. Would the Thais let me live after my visit there next week; there's a rebellion waiting to go off anytime with the SEA Team take-over)
5. Would I ever hook up with Andy or would someone else beat me to it (Andy's the new creative group head, expat malaysian, extremely funny, unfortunately looks like Bam Aquino)

1.06 AM. Ride's not here yet. Avis called it can't find a cab for me. Makes you realize living in the South marks you as non-viable commuting tribe. Have started to check when I could see the World Press Photo Exhibit I've been itching to see. And the lighthouse photo exhibit at the Ayala Museum. ... Hmm. Dates are all filled, that means NEVER.

What was the latest time I had ever clocked out of the worksite? Me thinks 2AM, somewhere in the past where I was in manufacturing. Oops, wrong. It was 3AM for that marketing review. Just last year? Probably.

1.10 AM. Dad called. He's picking me up. I hate it when that happens. It's an in-your-face thingy saying you're not like Destiny Child's Independent Woman. Also hate it because Dad should be at home having a good night's sleep and not speeding on a dangerous freeway.

Might start drawing again, I should pick my pen up and start sketching. I think I never graduated from the doodles I've made since high school. Lacks depth, clarity, focus... Anyway, who cares? Fun anyways to do it.

1.15 AM. What's taking him so long? ... Oh. I thought an hour passed.

1.18 AM. Dad's here! Hurray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home