Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas is a-Comin'!

I guess everybody's on a shopping frenzy. There were only a handful of people watching movies (at least in the theatre we were in -- I expected The Golden Compass to be packed that night, but nope, there were like ten of us there when the movie started), and most of the people I've talked to had been worrying about finding the time to tick-off their long gift lists.

I love giving gifts! Especially if the gift makes the receiver squeal with glee. "It's purrfect!" "I love it!" "It's exactly what I need!" are words I want to hear, and then I feel I've done a good job being Ms Santa Claus. Unfortunately, now, being what, ten days to Christmas, I still haven't bought my family anything (I've finished the friends bit -- they were easy). I've yet to squeeze my brain for brilliant ideas.

Anyway, if you've been thinking of what to give me, here's my wish list. And just in case you don't know, my webname and second name being "Christie" does have something to do with my birthday.

  • Black pointy shoes, with a low heel, preferably with cushioned sole, Size 9 (feet correlates to boob size, i've found)
  • Gift Certificate for a body massage (because my back is as knotted as a pretzel with all the stress from work)
  • Gift Certificate at a beauty salon -- hair spa, manicure, pedicure, brow shaping (I am so tired of looking like a wreck)
  • A classic, 2-tone metal-strapped watch (preferably in the make and style that lasts)
  • An iPod shuffle in hot pink
  • A nice dress I can wear to work (preferably in jersey material, the wrap type)
  • Three different types of tops that go well with jeans

With all the available vacation leave days I need to use, here are some things I so want to do (of course, listing them has no guarantee that I'd fulfill each one... but it's a start)
  • Completing Simbang Gabi, something I had never ever done
  • Singing my heart out at the Red Box (in the room with the stage) until the wee hours of the morning
  • Celebrating my birthday with family and friends in the garden
  • Treating my family to a concert (if there's one with Jed Madela in, we've got to be in it!)
  • Listening to a full orchestra playing Christmas pieces
  • Doing random acts of kindness to strangers (i.e. paying for the toll fees of the ten cars behind you)
  • Ultimate fantasy Number 1: Open to All Street Dancing to House Music
  • Ultimate fantasy Number 2: Dream date at the top of a skyscraper

I hope everybody's going to have a wonderful Christmas this year.

Merry Christmas!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home